California State University Los Angeles
College of Arts and Letters
Department of Art
Fashion and Textiles Option
ART 471: History of Costume
M/W 8 – 9:40 AM, FA 246
Final June 6, 8-9:40
Faculty: Carole Frances Lung. Office 256, Hours: M/W 1:30-3:30 pm, firstname.lastname@example.org Office Phone 323-343-4047
COURSE DESCRIPTION Art 2130 Historic Survey of Fashion, Fiber and Materials (3)
An interdisciplinary pre-modern – modern history course exploring fashion, fiber, textiles, crafts and related art and design movements.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED:
- Reading, writing and visual presentations historical text related to Fashion, Fiber and Materials.
- Chronological / geographical innovations related to Fashion, Fiber and Materials.
- Historical research methods
- Historical research projects
- Visits to local historical institutions and collections.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of pre modern fashion, fiber, textile and related art and design history.
- Demonstrate knowledge of vocabulary.
- Demonstrate historic research methods
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and write a focused research paper.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop, execute and produce a focused topic for presentation.
- Demonstrate the ability to participate in class discussions.
COURSE SOCIAL NETWORKS
https://csulaart204.wordpress.com COURSE BLOG HOUSES ALL INFORMATION CONCERNING THIS COURSE
http://pinterest.com/cflung COURSE PINTRIST FOR RESROUCES IMAGES
http://madeatcsula.wordpress.com OPTION BLOG
http://fadscsula.wordpress.com FADS CLUB BLOG