- Museum Visit: Students will visit Los Angeles County Museum of Art Exhibition, REIGNING MEN: FAHSION IN MEN’S WEAR, 1715-2015. Students will post a 300-500 word visit report with sketches of the garments, which inspire the text. http://www.lacma.org/art/exhibition/reigning-men-fashion-menswear
2. Final Project 50 pts
Students will write a focused 2000-3500 word research paper, with references, including 10-15 images with sources, a reproduction of the garment discussed in your paper and a 3-5 minute timed presentation from your blog.
Topic Presentation Monday April 25
Monday May 9 (Outline and in process making)
Wednesday May 25 (draft of paper and making portion complete, bring for grade)
- Research paper: 2000-3500 word, 10-15 images or videos, with sources. Think about this paper like you are writing a fashion article for a blog, or online journal. 15 pts.
- Outstanding 15-10 pts. 3500 or more words, no grammar issues, references sited, and well thought out and organized paper.
- Satisfactory 10-5 pts. 2000-3500 words, some grammar issues, not all references sited, line of thinking is confusing.
- Needs improvement 5 – 0 pts. 2000 and below words, lots of grammar issues, references not sided, no clear line of thought.
- Reproduction of the garment discussed in paper. 10 pts.
- 10-7 pts Outstanding. Student goes extra mile in making a perfect replica.
- 6-4 pts. Satisfactory. Does assignment, but not executed well.
- 3-0 pts. Sloppy, unfinished work
- 3-5 minute timed presentation. 10 pts.
- Outstanding 10-5 pts well rehearsed presentation, completes all information in time allowed.
- Needs improvement 5-0 pts, unrehearsed goes over or under time.